Our client is an international railway Project Management Consultancy who are looking for a Project Director for the dedicated rail freight corridor project in India. This 30 month contract role requires the candidates to have extensive Turnkey Management level experience preferably in mainline / freight rail or Large Metro Rail projects.
Job & Package Specifications:
- Location: Allahabad, India
- Type: On Shore - Fixed Term Contract - 2.5 years
- Job Level: Senior / Director / Executive
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expat package benefits
- Salary: US $ 14,000 / month - Net after taxes
- Overall management, monitoring & implementation of the project.
- Management and supervision of all Deputy Team Leaders and issuance of necessary instructions for efficient & economized execution of works.
- Coordinate Consultant's inputs during Preliminary & Definitive / Detailed Design and Drawings.
- Approve DB Contractor's Work Programme.
- Hand-over of the site to the DB Contractor.
- Checking & verification of the Contractor's Bond, Guarantees & Insurance Policies.
- Review and approval of the Contractor's site installations.
- Monitoring, supervision and inspection of Works by Key Experts & Non-Key Experts.
- Assisting the Consultant’s Team, The Employer and DB Contractor in interpretation of contractual clauses.
- Monitoring the Contractor's progress of work.
- Ensure that the works comply with the established Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards and procedures.
- Examine, inspect & oversee the analysis and corrective actions on various test reports.
- Ensure efficient deployment of team members and ensure that no team member indulges in any form of malpractice and fraud etc.
- Monitor measurement of works.
- Participate in Integrated Testing & Commissioning and Trial Run for 100 KMPH speed.
- Monitor Contractor's payment process, Contract changes & Claims Management.
- Ensure compliance of the HSE Manual for complete construction safety.
- Ensure that Quality and Safety Audits are conducted as prescribed.
- Inspect the entire project at least once in three months.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation and maintenance of Management Information Systems and Asset Management System.
- Monitoring and implementation of Environmental Management Plan.
- Preparation of documents for various approvals including the CRS Approvals.
- Keeping permanent records of correspondence.
- Leading interdisciplinary and stakeholder coordination meetings and issuing various reports.
- Maintaining a library at site containing all relevant reference material.
- Organization of appropriate and relevant trainings for all key team members.
- Ensure strict compliance of Project Management manual.
- Any other relevant work as entrusted by the Client's or Consultant's Management.
- Extensive Rail Systems and Project Management experience in the Rail industry.
- Experience of delivering technical projects on time and within budget.
- Must be familiar with WBS Programme structure & related tools to produce and prepare comprehensive reports, presentations & timelines.
- Organized and critical thinker.
- Strong communication, management & leadership skills.
- Effective budget management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience of working with multicultural teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Masters Degree in relevant field or any professional management course.
- 25 years post graduation international working experience.
- Professional working experience in the international Rail industry 15 years & above.
- Project Lead / Project Director level experience in minimum 2 international rail projects
|Pay rate:||USD $14,000.00|