Our client is an established Railway maintenance contractor & supplier based in Saudi Arabia. Due to their recent business growth there is a new vacancy available in the Services team for a Diesel Locomotive Driver.
- Location: Dammam OR Riyadh Saudi Arabia
- Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Saudi Nationals are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Preference will be given to candidates already based in Saudi Arabia, but we are also accepting applications from overseas candidates.
- Salary: Saudi Riyals 8,000 - 9,000 per month. D.O.E + Site Benefits (Accommodation, Transport, Food)
A Diesel Locomotive Pilot will be responsible for driving trains transporting freight which may operate on local or national rail networks in Saudi Arabia. They may also spend time shunting locomotives and formation in sheds or yards.
- Checking the diesel locomotives and general state of the train prior to starting each journey.
- Ensuring that the correct freight is loaded if necessary.
- Ensuring that the precise route is known and agreed with the control center.
- Finding out about any problems which are currently affecting the route.
- Maintaining an awareness of track and weather conditions.
- Strictly following signals of railroad network.
- Adhering to the safety regulations laid down by railroad network at all times.
- Keeping the train under control and at the appropriate speed at all times.
- Checking and keeping control of instruments including brakes.
- Maintaining an awareness of emergency procedures.
- Making sure that various restrictions and regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Stopping the train at the appropriate stops on each schedule.
- Alerting the driver taking over the shift duty about any incidents or engine issues.
- Keeping a record of any problems which may occur.
- Recording any delays which have affected the service.
- Alerting the control center to any hazards which have been spotted along the route.
- Analytical – Problem solving and Analytical skills and provide effective and practical solutions and advice when interacting with multiple control/reporting systems.
- Experienced in Railway machines and equipment maintenance.
- Microsoft Office skills for both communication and reporting.
- HSEQ Knowledge – Must have a working professional knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety, Environment Management System and Quality related compliance policies and their latest and practical applications.
- Good hand-eye coordination and reaction time.
- Good memory and the ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Ability to deal with members to the traffic control/dispatch center.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent judgement and decision making skills
- 5-7 years experience as a diesel locomotive driver.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical certifications or proof of training as a train driver.
- Fully able to travel and work under extreme outdoor conditions within the region.
- English language skills required, Arabic preferred.
- Proven leadership experience in a field/site based environment.
|Location:||Dammam, Saudi Arabia|