Test Job Post - Do Not Apply
As the signalling design manager you will hold the following requirements:
- Experience leading complex signalling design projects, encompassing knowledge of signalling design and interlocking principles, NWR standards, components and fabrication methods.
- Hands-on experience managing the production, checking and approval of feasibility, outline and detailed signalling principles design and calculations
- Familiarity with RRI, mechanical and SSI systems (although 2 out of 3 may be acceptable)
- Knowledge of railway systems and related operating practices, along with their key interactions with other railway assets.
- Serves as lead engineer on mid- to large size projects.
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Approves and signs off on work.
- Provides technical expertise for studies and design efforts.
- Presents complex technical solutions to clients.
- Performs quality control reviews of work developed by others.
- Participates in development of technical proposals.
- Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements on large projects.
- Alternative system design or data prep knowledge
- Skilled on signalling software applications
- Proficiency with signalling construction and installation methods
- Prior experience leading signalling / train control teams or project teams
- Degree or HNC/D in engineering