Test Job Post - Do Not Apply
Our client a multi-disciplinary consultancy that work on a number of large Infrastructure projects on a Local, National and International scale currently require an Engineering Director to oversee their Rail Sector business.
As a senior leader within the organisation you will the responsibility for the growth and performance of the Rail business covering 2 main profit centres (Rail Engineering & Project/Cost Management).
The successful candidate will be responsible for circa 70 staff, 10 of which are direct reports covering 5 offices.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead a safety culture that sees all our staff return home well and unharmed.
- Develop and deliver a growth strategy for the Rail Engineering business.
- Play an active role in identifying and securing new work, working closely with the Sales Director and operational account leads. This will include ensuring pipeline data is always accurate.
- Oversee the development of resources within they business, ensuring appropriate skills and training, with a focus on developing cross office working practices to improve project delivery.
- Work collaboratively with other Sectors in Infrastructure to growth our market share and delight our clients.
- Deliver measurable Performance Improvement in respect of Customer Satisfaction, Technical Delivery and Project Profitability.
- Play an active role on the Rail Leadership Team, contributing to the overall success of the wider business.
In addition, you will also be expected to:
- Lead on significant projects / frameworks in a Project Director / Framework Director capacity.
- Lead key bids and client accounts where these are of strategic importance.
- Represent the sector on industry working groups and forums.
- Undertake reviews/be the internal owner of key bids and projects in line with company governance.