Our client is a leading Rolling Stock manufacturer / supplier and they are looking for an experienced Software Designer for Brakes, Air Generation & Treatment Control Coordination on Rolling Stock.
Contract Duration: 3 years
Languages: Italian & English - Both mandatory
Salary: Negotiable / As per candidate experience
Start Date: ASAP
External Interface: Customers, Sister Companies, 3rd parties involved in software assessment
Internal Interface: Engineering, R&D and Validation Laboratory
The main tasks of the position are:
- System requirements analysis.
- Software Development according to IST 669 and related documents, including validation in Laboratory.
- Development of Monitoring programs and other PC tools when needed.
- Static/Dynamic Commissioning in field.
- Close collaboration with system engineers during project development.
- Collaboration with the Quality Laboratory during benches setting-up.
- Support to electronic and client engineers.
- Engineering processes follow-up.
- All documents to be issued in a concise, accurate, grammatically-correct form.
- For selected Software Engineers, coordination of the software development in the project platforms, in particular:
- planning software activities in the platform.
- reporting to the Software design and standardisation Team Leader about the status of the developments ongoing in the platform.
- alerting the Software design and standardisation Team Leader in case of delays and their causes.
- ensuring the application of the general and platform-specific coded practices and guidelines for software development.
- verification of the documentation produced by contractors.
- Ensuring delivery of high quality software with respect to specifications, coded practices, guidelines and customers’ expectations
- Completeness and adequateness of documentation issued.
- Consciousness and applications of FT processes (including checklists and coded practices)
- Follow-up and reporting quality issues
- For platform coordinators:
- planning software activities in the platform
- reporting the status of the developments ongoing in the platform.
- ensuring the application of the general and platform-specific checklists,
- coded practices and guidelines for software development
Experiences and Skills :
- Degree educated with experience in writing real time software/firmware for embedded electronic systems
- Knowledge of software developments tools. In particular are appreciated:
- StP Software trough Pictures
- National Instruments CVI
- QAC MISRA software static analyser
- Motorola Microcontroller Compilers and Linkers
- Trace32 Debuggers and scripting
- Good problem solver, capable of working with minimal supervision to define solutions for cross-discipline problems.
- Good team worker, liaising with both internal and external development teams.
- Good communicator, capable of presenting technical and progress issues to the management and external customers.
- Willing to travel as required (locally and internationally).
- Availability to be on vehicle during static and dynamic brake test (commissioning).