Our client is a leading Rolling Stock manufacturer / OEM supplier and they are looking for an experienced System Engineer to work on site at their offices in Tours, France.
Contract Duration: 3 years
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Tours, France
Languages: English (French desirable)
Salary: Negotiable / As per candidate experience
Start Date: ASAP
External Interface: Customers, Sister Companies, 3rd parties
Internal Interface: Engineering, Internal Teams
The main tasks of the position are:
- Pilot, coordinate and plan the studies of the project, from its launch until the commissioning and during production in the respect of the processes of the client and in coordination with the teams for industrialization, mechanics, electronics, RAMS.
- Ensures the delivery of studies in compliance with predefined QCD (Quality, Cost, Time) objectives.
- Manages project risks and alerts if QCD objectives are in risk or if the proposed solutions do not meet the client's contractual expectations.
- Be the technical customer interface for the project.
- Be the technical leader in own domain / subsystem.
- Arbitrate the technical choices with the support of the design managers.
- Ensure the monthly QCD reporting: budget, planning, hot spots, hours consumed and define the rest to be done.
- Drafting of project documentation.
- Follow up of the creation of project plans.
- Development of project planning follow up.
Experiences and Skills :
- Technical engineer in electronics and / or embedded software, experienced with 5 to 10 years of experience in the development of embedded software.
- Experience in standardized security environments (EN50128, DO178C).
- Analytical and system minded.
- Documentation and writing skills.
- Easy adaptation to new technologies (Ethernet, webserver, webservices,…) and to different projects.
- Manage and drive a development team.
- Motivation, tenacity and scientific rigor.
- Organized and responsive.
- Relational ease and good listening skills.