Our client is an emerging Railway maintenance contractor & supplier based in Saudi Arabia. Due to their recent business growth they are looking for an enthusiastic & energetic team member to support them with looking after the workforce Health, Safety and Environment function with some input in Quality Assurance & Control function. Saudi Nationals are encouraged to apply for this role - Any other nationality candidates must be already present in Saudi Arabia with a transferable Iqama/Work Permit.
- Location: Dammam OR Riyadh Saudi Arabia
- Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Level: Manager
- Salary: Negotiable (Depending on experience of the candidate)
- Active role in supporting, coaching and guiding about issues related to workforce health, safety and environment in the workplace.
- Provide leadership in identification & collection of HSEQ data as well as overall responsibility for HSE data sets, reporting, and KPI’s.
- Development and implementation of various programs and initiatives to improve operational HSEQ related activities.
- Promoting Safe work culture in the team and leading by example.
- Develop and execute appropriate field and shop safety audits.
- Make recommendations to mitigate key risks related to Health, Safety and Environmental control for the work force.
- Lead the investigation of Health, Safety and Environment incidents within the workplace.
- Performing general HSEQ activities in the Railway Maintenance Depot
- Frequent travel to track site to work with OTM (On-Track Machine) operators.
- Job role includes 80% responsibility of HSE and 20% responsibility of Quality officer.
- Job role will match Client’s vision of active and visible leadership.
- As such 50% or greater travel is expected (Dammam, Riyadh, and other rail locations within Saudi Arabia as well as the MENA region.)
- Team player – Ability to work as part of a team and provide required support and input to achieve set targets in the field of Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance and Control.
- Analytical – Problem solving and Analytical skills and provide effective and practical solutions and advice from HSEQ point of view.
- Investigation and Reporting – Must be familiar with MS Office suite to produce and prepare comprehensive reports and presentations
- HSEQ Knowledge – Must be familiar with Occupational Health, Safety, Environment Management System and Quality related compliance. policies and their latest and practical application.
- Rail Industry – Understanding and familiarity with operational railway environment and site based civil/construction related Health & Safety work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Internationally recognized certification in EHS & Quality field (NEBOSH Diploma etc. are mandatory)
- Previous experience of working in the Rail industry, preferably in an operations environment is required.
- Previous experience of minimum 2 years working in the Rail industry, preferably in an HSEQ role in Railway maintenance depot